Well, it was a wild first week in the NFL as we all know. That being said, the super computer that rivals the CERN atom-smasher was still able to pick 6 out of 10 correctly for week 1. In order to improve the results going into week 2, we have added 6 more expert source picks as well as the latest Vegas line and the percentages of picks from two major pools to the algorithm. So, it is with great optimism that I give you your NFL week 2 top 10 picks for Last Man Standing and Survival pools.
1. The New York Football Giants (composite score 11)- One of the lowest composite scores yet (just like golf, low is good). They looked good in week 1, but more importantly the Rams looked Baaaddd.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (composite score 21)- The Cowboys racked up over 500 yards and three rushing TD’s against the Browns in week 1.
3. Seattle (composite score 27)- It would be good to use this pick early, because the 49′ers may be one of the only teams we will be this confident the Seahawks will beat after losing to Buffalo last week.
4. Green Bay (composite score 39)- The packers looked composed under Aaron Rodgers while the Lions looked like they wanted to kill each other on the sidelines.
5. New Orleans (composite score 40)- This one may be close, but put your faith in the super-computer. Drew Brees throwing for 343 yards in week 1 against Tampa should help ease your concerns.
6. Arizona (composite score 42)- Again, good time to use up the Cardinals as they only play the Dolphins once this year.
7. Kansas City (composite score 43)- They should have beaten the Patriots last week. They will beat the Raiders this week.
8. Dallas (composite score 44)- Both teams looked imposing week 1, but Dallas gets back their starting corner Terence Newman this week and Philly is still missing some receivers. That being said, you may want to save the Cowboys for later as they look like the top of the heap this year.
9. Tampa Bay (composite score 45)- Tampa hung right with a talented New Orleans team last week, Atlanta shouldn’t be a problem for the talented Bucs against a rookie QB.
10. Indianapolis (composite score 48)- Peyton looked a little rusty but he and Marvin were connecting. Minnesota’s QB situation should make you feel good about this pick.
So there is your top ten picks for your Last Man Standing or Survival pools. We wish you luck and want to remind you that the earth is in no danger from the black holes created by the incredible fusion that it takes to compute all of this data into 10 handy NFL pool picks every week. It also works, for Knockout pools, loser pools, survivor pools, last man standing pools and suicide pools.